Thursday, November 25, 2010

Assignment # 8 Attend a Play

I attended the play Big Love on Wednesday November 17th.

Describe:
This play was done in a theater in the round in the Longstreet theater. It was about a family of girls who were being forced to marry their cousins.They did not want to marry them so they escaped. They escaped to a random house, the house of Piero. They tried to get Piero to save them but he ended up scheming against them and set up a marriage for them. The girls schemed again to kill all of the grooms. Everyone killed their fiances' except one of the girls. She ran off and saved him. They had great costumes and the actors and actresses were very good.

Interpret:
The actors and actresses in this play did a great job becoming real for the audience. I somehow had a bond with the characters just as I do sometimes when reading a novel or watching a movie. They did a great job of making their characters believable and real. I really enjoyed the way that the characters worked together and made the story come to life.

Analyze:
I think that the meaning of this play was to bring the audience a knowledge about the Greece and their ancient ways. It was about forced marriage and how the brides/grooms feel about this law. It was a great portrayal of this and the characters made it very realistic.

Evaluate:
I really enjoyed this play. Big Love was the first play I have seen since I became a student at USC and I really enjoyed being able to watch it. The actors and actresses did an amazing job in this play. They were very good at all that they did. I really had a great time watching it and recommended it to everyone who asked me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment